Sunday, February 28, 2010

Shopping at the Coast







Last Spring my girl friends and I went to the Oregon Coast to one of my friend's cabins to have a Bunco weekend. Of course on the way over we hit every possible fabric shop. I am a new quilter but I have sewn children's clothes on and off for the last 30 years so I am always looking for a new project. While I am working on a quilt, wallhanging etc., I like to have smaller projects that can be completed quickly. I love looking at fabrics and thinking about what a piece or a collection of pieces would look like on my little bug in an outfit, skirt, pants.... About the third quilt shop we came to I was admiring the various Asian fabrics and came up with two pieces that had small enough prints to make an outfit for her. I had already found a pattern a few weeks earlier so hence this darling little bug ready for pictures in an Asian Garden. My daughter is the one I really think about first when selecting projects and fabric. She is the one that dresses our little bug and I want her to be pleased with my selections before I even begin. I love the whole process...dreaming....planning out all the details I want....selecting the pattern or on rare occasions no pattern....finding the perfect fabric....showing it all to my Daughter....sewing it...adjusting the fit when necessary....and the best part....seeing it on our little bug!
(Photo credit to Captivating Photography & Design Co.)

2 comments:

  1. This outfit looked like it was made for a doll and a little doll WAS wearing it! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, June, she's beautiful!
    How wonderful for you to be sewing for your
    "bug". You are so creative!
    I love the changing table.
    Carry on Mimi . . .

    ReplyDelete